Victoria Beckham is "beyond excited" to be joining reality TV show American Idol as a guest judge because she's long been a fan of the series.
Victoria Beckham Delighted with Amrican IdolThe former Spice Girl will appear alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi for one episode when the hit show returns to TV screens next year.

Beckham is overjoyed to have been offered the role, because she and her kids with husband David Beckham are regulars at the show's Los Angeles tapings.

In an interview with radio DJ Ryan Seacrest, who is also host of American Idol, she says, "When I got the phone call, I just couldn't believe it. I feel like I've got the best job that there is."

"I come to the shows with the kids and David loves the show so, it's just great. I'm going to try hard to pout and try not to shatter that illusion that I'm a moody cow, but I'm just so happy."

Beckham is looking forward to having words with Cowell too, who has earned himself a reputation as Mr. Nasty, thanks to his sharp tongue: "I like that fact that's he's honest. I think he's very funny. He has a very tongue-in-cheek British sense of humor, which I have too. I'm looking forward to a bit of banter. I hope he does give me a little bit of a hard time. I love that. I feed off of that."

The singer-turned-fashion designer will appear in place of Paula Abdul after Abdul quit the show earlier this week.

And Beckham has nothing but kind words for the star: "I hope she does something that's bigger and better. I'm a big fan of Paula's, I always have been, of her music. She's going to be great at whatever she does."

Popular Posts