"I enjoy the beauty in a woman, in a man, in a child, in a painting. Beautiful things are important and make life important. Since I was a kid I've been encouraging myself to appreciate beauty." ~ inspiring words from designer Valentino

When I was back in Michigan I was lucky enough to share a few hours with one of my best friends, Karis McDougal, who is usually out gallivanting around the world (currently she is leading tours in South East Asia). Karis was lucky enough to share a few minutes with world renown designer and fellow globe trotter, Valentino. In the following interview for Preston Catalogue, Canada's Art, Fashion and Design Publication, Karis spoke with Mr. Valentino about celebrating his 50 years of accomplishments in the fashion world and the movie documenting his life (opening at New York's Film Forum on March 18, 2009).



Valentino is such an amazing inspiration to the fashion world and beyond, I am blown away that Karis was lucky enough to share a few moments with him.

Popular Posts