Hilary Duff Still Surprised by Her Husband’s Love of Clothes

When it came to settling into married life with Mike Comrie, there were no surprises for Hilary Duff–until it came to his closet. “I can’t believe how much he actually likes clothes!” the newlywed told PEOPLE Thursday night at Lucky‘s 7th annual Lucky Shops VIP event. “Right now we have two separate closets, and mine is significantly bigger than his, but he needs a lot of space too! He has a lot of suits and his jeans are huge.” And while she’s well aware of her athletic hubby’s size by now, the star still can’t get over how much larger his clothes are compared to hers.

“I bought him a bunch of clothes for his birthday and I was like, ‘this is your size? It’s huge!’ But I don’t know. Maybe it’s because he has a big butt because he’s a hockey player.” One thing she isn’t look forward to? Consolidating their closets for an impending move. “It’s funny, now we’re moving into a smaller house and we’re going to have to downsize in a big way. It’s scary, I don’t know how I’m going to part with my things.” In the meantime, the two are planning their first holiday together as a married couple. “I think we might actually be alone for this Christmas, in Pittsburgh. I think his family is all going to be in L.A. and mine is too, so it’s definitely going to be new, but I’ll have to get back to you on what we do! It’s going to be scary [to plan], but exciting.” –Shruti Dhalwala

Popular Posts