The Forest Of Hands And TeethIf you haven't yet read Carrie Ryan's "The Forest of Hands and Teeth," clear your schedule, go pick it up, find yourself a well-lit room and then get back here. The rest of us are going to play fantasy casting director for the movie adaptation of this awesome zombie book, which has already been set into motion by Seven Star Pictures. Since Kristen Stewart's mother is a senior VP at that production company, rumor is that Ms. Bella Swan herself might be taking on the role of Mary. But nothing official's been said, and we still have time to play.

Kristen Stewart in The Forest Of Hands And TeethCarrie Ryan said: "To be honest, I had no idea about who I'd cast in the movie! I always wished I had a list of actors, but I don't tend to see my characters like that when I write them, so I've always had a hard time choosing someone to play the parts in my head. Of course, that doesn't stop me from loving to see who other people choose!"

Here are some choice from people. Share your own in blog!!!!

Mary: The "Twilight" star certainly would be an excellent choice for the defiant, broody brunette heroine who dreams of a world beyond the zombie infested forest that surrounds her village. But (SPOILER ALERT) in the later part of the book, she ends up with quite a lot of action scenes, and it might be interesting to see someone more along the lines of Camilla Belle in the part. The "Push" and "10,000 BC" star has that pensive look, but also seems like she could take on a hoard of hungry Unconsecrated and then run for her life.

Travis: Ryan doesn't spend a whole lot of time describing her characters' physical appearances, since action and emotion take the front seat. Though she says Travis has blond hair and green eyes, I believe the most important traits are the fact that he's got looks worthy of Mary's lifelong crush and he's strong, but also vulnerable and trusting. I think "Weeds" cougar-bate Hunter Parrish would be great in the part. (And also I want to see more of him in any way possible.)

Harry: Travis' older brother is more serious and "angular," and just doesn't hold a candle to his li'l bro in Mary's eyes. But I'd venture to say that's her personal bias, and he's not all that bad-looking. "Prince Caspian" star Ben Barnes could pass for Hunter's sibling, right?

Cass: Mary's best friend, and Travis' fiancée, is said to have white-blond hair, and she seems rather fragile and ethereal to me. For some reason, the first person who comes to mind is Kayla Radomski, one of the top six dancers on this season of "So You Think You Can Dance." She says she also acts and sings, and I'm not the first person to say that with a face like hers, she's destined for the screen.

Sister Tabitha: The stern, cruel leader of the Sisterhood is almost as dangerous as the Unconsecrated. She's scary, but it also seems like she's thinks she has to be in order to protect the people of the Village. I nominate "Lost" badass Elizabeth Mitchell, who's had years of honing that kind of nuanced character.

Popular Posts