Today, for the next 50 years and beyond. I love love stories. I am a sucker for how you met stories, engagement stories, wedding stories and so forth. When I stumbled upon photographer Lauren Fleishman's "Love Ever After" series I melted. Lauren photographed couples who have been together 50+ years and while the photos are so sweet, it was the quotes that had me a little weld up.


"Now I'm 88 and my wife is 85 and I'm only wishing for another 5 or 6 years of life. This is all we want. We don't want to live much longer. As a matter of fact, I always say to my wife, I wish I could reach 94. That is the aim of my exsistance. I'd like to see my grandson earn a living and my granddaughter get married. We want them to be happy the way we were." ~ Moses Rubenstein, Brooklyn NY 2008


"And I said, "Hello, you must be Marcia?" If there is such a thing I guess it was love at first sight. There was an attachment. An attraction. An attraction that was unbreakable." ~ Bob Sparrow, Queens NY 2008


"Little by little we age but we don't change in our hearts. Love gets stronger. That's the way I feel. I believe he feels the same way. Yes he was my first love. My first and my last." ~Leila Ramos, Brooklyn NY 2009


See the rest of the photos and quotes here.

Congrats Angela and Kenny!!

Happy Valentine's day to all of my friends, family and readers. And a special "I love you" to my valentine.

Popular Posts